Usen Polytechnic offers you the opportunity to embark on a rewarding career in healthcare, equipped with the necessary qualifications to make a positive impact on the lives of others.
Usen Polytechnic adheres to the guidelines set by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) in establishing its cut-off marks for admission into the nursing program.
These cut-off marks serve as a benchmark to ensure that admitted students possess the academic foundation necessary to thrive in the rigorous program.
Understanding the JAMB Cut-Off Mark:
- JAMB General Cut-Off Mark: The minimum JAMB score required for admission into Usen Polytechnic‘s nursing program is 140. However, this is the baseline, and individual departments might have higher cut-off marks.
- JAMB Subject Combinations: Applicants must achieve the minimum score in the mandatory subject combination for nursing programs, which typically includes:
- English Language
Departmental Cut-Off Mark:
Usen Polytechnic may implement its own specific departmental cut-off mark for the nursing program, which can be higher than the JAMB minimum score. This departmental cut-off mark is determined by various factors, including:
- Program competitiveness: For programs with a high number of applicants, the departmental cut-off mark may be set higher to ensure a competitive selection process.
- Academic performance of previous cohorts: The institution may analyze the performance of past students in the program to adjust the cut-off mark and maintain high academic standards.
- Availability of resources: The departmental cut-off mark might be adjusted based on the available resources, such as faculty size and laboratory facilities.
Accessing the Usen Polytechnic Nursing Cut-Off Marks:
The official Usen Polytechnic website and departmental notice boards typically display the current cut-off marks for various programs, including nursing.
Additionally, you can contact the admissions office or the nursing department directly to inquire about the latest cut-off marks and program admission requirements.
Enhancing Your Chances of Admission:
While meeting the cut-off marks is crucial, consider these additional steps to strengthen your application:
- Perform well in your JAMB exams: Aim for a score higher than the minimum cut-off mark to increase your chances of admission.
- Focus on your science subjects: Pay particular attention to excelling in Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics as these subjects are crucial for success in the nursing program.
- Prepare for the post-UTME screening: Usen Polytechnic may conduct a post-UTME screening for shortlisted applicants. Research the format and prepare adequately to enhance your performance.
- Gather relevant documents: Ensure you have all the necessary documents for the application process, including your JAMB result slip, academic transcripts, and certificates.