The OAU School Of Nursing is a prestigious institution in Nigeria that offers high-quality education in the field of nursing. With its commitment to academic excellence and professional development, the school attracts a large number of aspiring nursing students each year.
If you are interested in learning more about the OAU School Of Nursing Cut Off Mark, as well as its admission requirements, this blog post is for you.
What is the OAU School Of Nursing Cut Off Mark?
The OAU School Of Nursing Cut Off Mark refers to the minimum score or benchmark that candidates need to meet in order to gain admission into the nursing program.
This mark is set by the authority of the school and takes into account various factors, such as the competitiveness of applications and the number of available seats in the program.
It is important to note that the OAU School Of Nursing Cut Off Mark may vary from year to year, depending on the overall performance of the previous year’s applicants.
Unfortunately, the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) has not yet released the official cut-off mark and admission requirements for the 2024/2025 academic session, including the School of Nursing. This usually happens around May or June each year.
However, based on the previous year’s information, here’s what you can expect:
OAU General Cut-Off Mark (2023/2024):
- JAMB UTME: 200
- Post UTME: Minimum score to be announced
OAU School of Nursing Departmental Cut-Off Mark (2023/2024):
- 72.95 (This might change for the 2024/2025 session)
General Admission Requirements (subject to change):
Five credit passes in relevant O’Level subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
Must have chosen OAU as your first choice institution during JAMB registration.
Meet the minimum JAMB UTME cut-off mark.
Pass the OAU Post UTME screening exercise.
What are the admission requirements for the OAU School Of Nursing?
The admission requirements for the OAU School Of Nursing vary depending on the specific program and the level of study. However, there are some general requirements that candidates need to fulfill to be considered for admission:
– Academic qualifications: Candidates must have successfully completed secondary school education (SSCE) or its equivalent. Additionally, those seeking admission into the nursing program must have passed the West African Examination Council (WAEC) or National Examination Council (NECO) with at least five credit passes in relevant subjects, including English language, mathematics, biology, chemistry, and physics.
– Age requirements: The OAU School Of Nursing has age restrictions in place. Generally, candidates must be between 17 and 35 years old as at the time of admission. However, there may be exceptions for exceptional cases.
– Physical fitness: Candidates need to demonstrate good physical health and meet the minimum requirements for physical fitness set by the school. This may include passing a medical examination and completing other relevant assessments.
– Character references: Candidates are usually required to provide at least two character references, which can support their application. These references can come from teachers, employers, or community leaders who can vouch for the candidate’s character and integrity.
– Interview: Admission to the OAU School Of Nursing involves an interview process, where candidates are evaluated based on their communication skills, critical thinking abilities, and passion for nursing.
Can I apply directly to the OAU School Of Nursing?
Yes, you can apply directly to the OAU School Of Nursing. The school accepts applications through its official website. However, it is important to familiarize yourself with the admission process and the specific requirements of each program before applying.