Requirements to Study Architecture at UNICAL

Requirements to Study Architecture at UNICAL

Sponsored Links
The University of Calabar (UNICAL) offers a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Architecture through its Department of Architecture.


Requirements to Study Architecture at UNICAL

UTME Requirements:

  • Five (5) O’Level credit passes:
    • English Language
    • Mathematics
    • Physics
    • Chemistry
    • Any of these: Fine Art, Geography, Woodwork, Biology, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics
  • UTME Subjects:
    • Use of English
    • Physics
    • Chemistry
    • Mathematics

Direct Entry Requirements:

  • Two (2) A’Level passes:
    • Mathematics or Physics
    • Chemistry or Geography or Fine Arts
  • OR
    • ND/HND upper credit in a relevant field


What are the job prospects for architecture graduates from UNICAL?

Architecture graduates from UNICAL have a wide range of career options, including working in architectural firms, construction companies, government agencies, or starting their own practices. The job market for architects in Nigeria is growing, with a demand for professionals who can design sustainable and culturally sensitive buildings.

Is the architecture program at UNICAL accredited?

Yes, the architecture program at UNICAL is accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC) of Nigeria. This means that the program meets the required standards for quality and professionalism.

What are the facilities available for architecture students at UNICAL?

The Department of Architecture has a well-equipped design studio, computer labs, and workshops. Students also have access to the university’s library, which has a large collection of architecture books and journals.

What are the fees for studying architecture at UNICAL?

The fees for studying architecture at UNICAL vary depending on your admission status (UTME or Direct Entry) and your state of origin. You can find the latest fee structure on the university’s website.

See also  Olusegun Agagu University Of Science And Technology (OAUSTECH) Resumption Date For Continuation Of Academic Activities

How can I apply to study architecture at UNICAL?

To apply, you must register for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and choose Architecture as your course of choice. You will also need to participate in the UNICAL Post-UTME screening exercise. If you meet the entry requirements, you will be invited for an interview.

Sponsored Links

Leave a Reply

Back to top button